Thursday, November 14, 2013

Best Salad Dressing Ever (Really!)

 
$10
serves 6 ~ $.44 per serving




I made this for an unexpected get together and ... wow. It may be the best salad dressing ever ... really! Certainly, it's the best I've had in recent memory.

Capers are the pickled berries of the caper bush. They're usually pickled in a salty brine and have a distinctive mustard flavor. They're a good source of rutin, which strengthens capillaries, and quercetin. Both are powerful antioxidants. I used a tablespoon of the caper brine in place of salt ... it adds a bit more of the yummy caper flavor. For the photo, I used the dressing on an arugula salad with olives, but it would be suitable with just about any salad.





ingredients


  • 1/3 cup olive oil ($.55)
  • juice and zest of one lemon ($.60)
  • 3 tablespoons agave ($.60)
  • 1 tablespoon soy sauce or bragg's liquid aminos ($.10)
  • 1 tablespoon dijon mustard ($.05)
  • 2 tablespoons capers ($.50)
  • 1 tablespoon caper brine
  • 2 tablespoons black olives ($.20)
  • 3 cloves garlic ($.05)
directions


  • in a small bullet type blender, puree all ingredients until smooth ... about a minute

nutritional information


calories: 162      fat: 14 gr      carb: 8      protein: 0         

No comments:

Post a Comment